Friday, October 21, 2011

All About Fishing on Guam

Well, many of you may already know me from my other blogs, BBQGuam and Guam Firehouse Cook and I figured the only thing missing was a blog about fishing on Guam. This blog is not all about my fishing on Guam, though I do a lot of it. It is my effort to showcase what fishing on Guam is all about. From the cultural fishing methods to the modern styles, I will try my best to showcase them all.


Here are just a few photos of past fishing experiences.....


Bluefin Trevely

Deep Sea Wrasse

Snapper and trevely

Large Bluefin Trevely

Marlin, wahoo and rainbow runners

5 Marlin for the day..
  
A real Marlin blanket

Small rainbow runners. Great for BBQ.

Taking another marlin out of the box.

52 inch barracuda.

This is a mouthful

Box full of mixed trolling fish.

This is a full box.

A 4 ft by 8 ft. table loaded with freshly caught reef fish.

Mahi Mahi

Skipper Bill.

Letting out the outriggers.

A lot of working space.

First light is great for fishing.
  
Catching Bait

Waiting for that evening bite.

Catching Manahac (juvenile rabbit fish) by net  in Merizo, Guam
Manahac is a local delicacy.

These are just a few of the pictures that I have. But I will post more on Guam spearfishing, trolling, cast net (talaya), tekken (gill netting), rod and reel casting and bottom fishing. 

Until next time,

Fish On!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment